Thursday, February 2, 2012

On loss....

Tonight we lost my favorite dog. I picked her out when she was just months old, and convinced my dad to pretty please buy her. I was 16.

Miss Sydney was the best dog. She was the perfect play mate, perfect cuddle partner, and just so beautiful. She was diagnosed with cancer a few days after my grandmother. Little girl fought for more than a year, and did so with so much pizzazz and cheer. She never acted sick. Even today, she knew who we were, and was happy to see us, but she was weak.

I will miss her. I already do.

My dad said her eulogy and then we buried near our cat ASCII, and where we laid my grandmothers ashes. We buried her with her bone, her ball and her beloved Frisbee. My dad wrote her a note on her Frisbee, and read it to her as we laid her down, one more time.

I have never seen my dad like this. Never. It hurts my heart, it hurts my head....it just hurts. All over.

The chapter has come to an end. Its a painful end, but I wouldn't trade it for never having had her.


No comments:

Post a Comment